Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Some photos from London

Here's a mix of photos for you... including:

* Les on set at Phoenix FM in Brentwood, Essex

* Donovan and David Lynch live at University of London - this was really good. Donovan's set included hits like Season Of The Witch, Hurdy Gurdy Man, Colours, Catch The Wind, Mellow Yellow, Universal Soldier as well as some lesser known tracks like Sunny Goodge Street, Isle Of Islay, and a song I've never actually heard before.

* The standard photo at Piccadilly Circus which everyone takes

* Some music shops I went to today, and amazingly managed to spend less than £50

* The Ritzy... as name-checked in my favourite Carter song, "And God Created Brixton"









And for anyone who is interested, this is what Les and I played on the radio. My selections have been bolded...

1. Fruity On The Radio
2. 59th St Bridge Song - Patrick & Eugene
3. Goodbye Cruel World - Ikki
4. Nico Man - Gang Gang Dance
5. (In Your Own Words) Chernobyl - (We Are) Performance
6. How Are You - Bombay Bicycle Club
7. Alternate Alf Garnett - Here Comes Trouble (this is actually one of my songs i recorded myself, but someone else requested it!)
8. The Perfect Crime #2 -The Decemberists
9. Ooh (All I Wanted) - Ooberon
10. I Can't Bring The Time Back Misty's Big Adventure
11. Pizza Boy - Jim Bob
12. Anthem For The Modern Artist - Spray
13. Think Fast - Bolt Action Five
14. I Feel It - Lorraine
15. Whip It - Devo
16. Knots - Pete & The Pirates
17. All The Rage - The Royal We
18. White No Sugar - Clint Boon Experience
19. Sixteen - The Indelicates
20. The Day That Thatcher Dies - Hefner
21. Sunday Morning - The Hussy's
22. Xerox - Exile Inside
23. Young Folks - Peter Bjorn & John
24. Political Prisoners - Insurge
25. Battling The Bottle (Fighting the Bulge) - Jim Bob
26. Hold Music - Architecture In Helsinki
27. Temple Head - Transglobal Underground
28. Heaven's At The Bottom Of This Glass - Boo Radleys
29. Alcohol - CSS

No comments: