Friday, October 26, 2007

Out and about

Last night we went down to Jamm to see Bridport Dagger playing live. One member of the band, Arran, also plays in Abdoujaparov. They were easily the best of the bands on offer and musically were equal parts Joy Division and Nick Cave along with a few other dark elements. Generally unimpressed by the quality of the other bands, Les and I went home and I went to sleep. After a some toast, tea and a nice chat I set off into town to catch up with my friend Michael who used to work at Medibank. We had a couple of pints and lunch over a couple of different traditional English establishments as we talked about various aspects of travelling and his rough plans for the next year or two in London. Alas, I forgot to take my camera out today, but Michael had his so hopefully he can e-mail me a picture or two. I had sausages, mashed potato and peas in (yes, in) a giant flat Yorkshire Pudding. Very filling and very tasty, though the two pints had given a little bit of a headache. I revisited the Music and Video Exchange on Berwick Street, picked up a couple more specials and then, in the absence of anything on the itinerary I commenced random perambulation along some different streets in a rough south-easterly direction before getting on a train at Charing Cross back to Brixton, via Stockwell. As I typed this blog entry, I was listening to an audio recording of the Glasgow show (which is to be used on the upcoming DVD) and it sounded chipper. Not sure if anything's happening tonight, but whether it does or doesn't, I could do with a bit of a rest. So that's what I'll do! Finally, here's a picture of Les' three cats...

No comments: